When I was growing up, my dad always read The Best Valentine in the World on Valentine’s Day. Even though he didn’t know German, he would always read it in a funny German accent. I love this book because of all the warm memories it brings me and because of the creative idea of making a green and purple Valentine’s Day book.
Besides this favorite, we have enjoyed these classics as well:
- The Best Valentine in the World – Two foxes plan months in advance for their green and purple valentines
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch – A lonely man receives an unexpected valentine and it completely changes his life and the lives of others
- The Day It Rained Hearts – A little girls catches falling hearts and decides what to do with them
- Hugs From Pearl – A loving porcupine wants to share her love with hugs, but has to figure out how to make them less painful for others!
- Plant a Kiss – A little girl plants a kiss to share
- My Heart Is Like a Zoo – Animals all made from heart shapes
Do you have any favorite Valentine’s Day books?