When I was in college studying Elementary Ed, one of my favorite classes was children’s literature. There are so many talented authors out there. I want to start highlighting some of our favorite library books. Here are some great ones we found this week.
- 1-2-3 Peas. The rhyming in this one is really great and I like how it incorporates counting by tens up to 100.
- All of Baby Nose to Toes. I love the illustrator in this book (another one of my favorites). A sweet baby body book.
- Will and Squill. A story of unlikely friendship but with fun play-on words.
- Sally and the Purple Socks. A funny story about a duck who’s socks keep growing!
- Artie and Julie. I came across this book about a year ago but had to check it out again. It has split pages so you can read the two versions of the story. They combine in the middle and then separate at the end. A really clever and well-illustrated story of unlikely friendship.
- I Love My Daddy. I love the books that portray fun dads, and this is a cute one.